Local Dog Walks
- Over the headland from Padstow towards Stepper Point, on the South West Coast Path – wonderful views, all weather path, access to beach (St George’s Well and Tregirls beach).
- Camel Trail – very convenient from Sable Cottage (straight down the hill), slightly further from Chiffchaff, but less than 10 minutes. Level all weather path, great for spotting wildlife, but watch out for cyclists. Can get very busy at weekend and in school holidays.
- Public footpath – The Saints Way – going across fields inland. Access is by Tesco – very close to Chiffchaff, and only 5 minutes walk from Sable Cottage.
- Rock (via the ferry) to St Enodoc and the ‘church in the sand’, along to Daymer Bay and Polzeath if you have the energy!
- Short walk through the woods by the church in Padstow – great when the daffodils are out.
- Dennis Hill – towards the Camel Trail, turning down Dennis Lane. This takes you up to the obelisk which was built in 1887 to celebrate Queen Victoria’s golden jubilee.
There are, of course, plenty of lovely walks further afield if you take the car!
You could try:
Dog Friendly Padstow Beaches
Most dogs love to play on the beach and enjoy a paddle or a swim and with so many beaches in the Padstow area beach walks can be a favorite part of my peoples holiday.
But please be aware that you can’t walk dogs on all of the beaches all year round.
The beaches which are dog friendly all year round are Harlyn, Contantine, Treyarnon, Porthcothan and Daymer Bay (Rock side).
Between Easter Day and 1 October, dogs are not allowed on Trevone, St George’s Well and Polzeath Beach.
We hope you enjoy getting out and about and have some great Padstow dog walks.